Building on The University of Queensland’s core objective to develop, enhance and sustain mutually supportive relationships with the wider community, industry, commerce and government, the School of Tourism places commitment and resources to ensuring these links are productive and provide value to all stakeholders.
The main AIMS of the School of Tourism’s Engagement team are –
- To create and nurture industry, government and other external links in order to provide opportunities and networks for students, staff, industry and the wider community.
- To provide students a range of Work Integrated Learning opportunities.
- To proactively create an ongoing and fruitful relationship with School alumni.
- To ensure that Engagement activities are well communicated internally (within the School, Faculty, University) and externally through various media outlets and
- To plan and implement all School marketing activities.
Our proactive approach toward industry and community engagement has placed the School in an excellent position to develop a suite of innovative and practical courses, learning opportunities and a vast array of real life learning integrated across the curriculum which enriches the student experience and better prepares them for their lives after University.